Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 10 – San Juan, Puerto Rico

We are now in the originating port today. I have been up since about 6:00 am. I have enjoyed the vacation but I am ready to be at home. See friends and family. Go do what I want do and not worry about not making it back on a ship and left behind somewhere. We have been up and went down to the dining hall for breakfast. Now we are just sitting in the cabins waiting till 9:00 am before we are booted out of the cabins and have to go up to a holding area before we can disembark. We fly out of San Juan about 4:00 pm this afternoon. We fly into Atlanta and have layover for about 2 hours there. We will not get back into Kansas City until 10:00 pm.

Until later, it is getting close to 9:00 am so I am going to put the computer up after I post this blog.

Well we did not actually disembark until 11:00 am then headed over to the airport by taxi. The ride cost $19.00 then additional $5 for the five suitcases. Got to the airport and went to Delta to check in only to get redirected to get our luggage x-rayed by USDA. Then back to Delta and get checked in using the kiosh. Went through security got the small bottle of banana ketchup confiscated only they did not take the bottle of aloe vera which was three times bigger. I just do not get it! The darn terminal is full of people flying home it was difficult finding a place to sit. Marissa was on her phone with her boyfriend and took off. Carolyn and David went to a pub in the terminal for something to drink. Mari and I found a seat. Mari went for McDonalds for a couple drinks and meals. Turned out she was not even allowed to bring the sodas back across the security screening. I tell this is firkin ridiculous what liquids allowed across the security screening. Of course, think about this one can buy bottled drinks or drinks in cups or other bottled souvenirs at restaurants, stores or vending machines and take them on the plane. I just do not get it. While finishing eating Marissa walked by and seen we ate McDonalds and threw a big hissy fit. This was very embarrassing, if she was courteous and asked us to buy her lunch we would have. Instead, she stormed off pouting and cursing. She went and whined to grandmother who ended up buying her a sandwich. I wish Marissa would grow up and act her age. She insists on being treated as an adult but always acts like a bad mannered child. I just ignore her anymore. The plane arrived and we boarded at 3:30 pm. The plane was suppose to take off at 4:01 pm but was held up due to fuel gauge malfunction for one of the fuel tanks. Fortunately, there was a vacation mechanic on board who ended up fixing the problem. Therefore, the flight ended up being delayed about 45 minutes due to the mechanical problems and the number of other aircrafts before us now.

The flight made great time from San Juan to Atlanta. I ended up watching an in-flight movie. We landed in Atlanta and both the kids were off looking for a place to smoke before our next flight. Marissa came back crying after arguing with her boyfriend. Ah, the life and drama of teenagers. She must have made up by the time we took off from Atlanta to Kansas City. Everyone at this point was getting tired of traveling. Mari started getting anxious shortly after takeoff and would not sit still during the flight, every time I would start to dose off she would move around in her seat or have to get up. After the restless flight, we made it to Kansas City and pretty much decided to stay at the Econolodge instead of driving home with everyone being tired, crabby or grouchy. After a lengthy check in at the hotel, it was goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment