I woke up this morning about 6:30am and the ship is already at port. I glanced outside the window and notice the view was something to desire. It appears that this port is a shipping port. All to watch is they move large containers around and load them on to semi's. I quickly got changed into my workout clothes and headed to the fitness spa to work out. At this time of morning most of the cardio equipment was open which nice. I was able to use the elliptical for 35 minutes and then walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Headed back down to the room to get washed up and go have breakfast. Of course, Mari was still in bed. Yes, I know this is a vacation but I am finding I do much better on some kind of routine. I had to wait on Mari and then she woke her mom up so we went down to the dining room on the third floor.
At breakfast we were seated with two other couples, one couple from Arizona and the other from somewhere from the states. The view was out the aft of the ship, which was not too bad; it was in the direction of the sea. With no excursions planned today, we decided it would be a lazy relaxing day on the ship and the stores next to ship on shore. We got back to the cabin and I sat down on the couch and then kind a kicked back on it and relaxed with television on. I started snoozing. At some point Mari came in and told me that her and kids were going to go down to the shops on shore to check things out. I gave her some sort of acknowledgement and she asked if I wanted to go. At this point, I was comfortable and said no.
I got up about 11am from my catnap and decided to go ashore to check things out. Grabbed my camera and went on down. Two days ago, the cruise ship announced that we would be staying until midnight here at Bridgetown due to technical difficulties. Everyone just thought it was a computer type issues. Surprised to them it turned out that they had a brand new prop sitting on the side of the dock near the port bow. There are workers monitoring some divers working over the side of the dock on the ship. I got a couple pictures of the new prop and what they one they pulled up. I made my way over to the shops. I ran into Mari and the kids. Mari ended up buying to shirts for Carolyn and I. Marissa ended up getting her hair braided. Knowing Marissa the braids she has in wont last very long because she used to hate having her hair braided or brushed as a child. Mari and Marissa headed back to the ship and David hung out with me as I checked out the stores. The stores were nothing impressive. David mentioned he got a bottled beer and drank it already and he was feeling the effects from it already since it had higher alcohol content than the beers back home. Yes, he is under 21; no, I do not buy his beer. I have no idea what the legal age is here, but on the ship, it is 21. Anyway, I found a couple postcards and sent them to my parents and my nephew. I did buy a pre-paid phone card and tried calling my parents house but they will not answer the phone if it is a number they do not recognized. Therefore, I called my house and talked to Ryan, my brother. It took him a few seconds to locate the telephone because I he did not answer right away and I told him to answer the phone while the answering machine recorded my message. Things are going well their except one of the dogs board and tried to watch a movie or play a CD because he found a case chewed up. I bet it was Patches, when she gets board and no one watch is her she will find things to chew on. She did the same thing earlier this year when I went to the store and left her out of her crate she chewed up Redbox DVD case and all. Since I only used about 4 minutes of the phone card I let David have the rest and he called his girlfriend. I did not know how long he would be so I headed back to the ship but he ended up catching up with me.
Had lunch on the lido deck and watched the boats out outside of port. Went back to the cabin and took another siesta. I went and got some coffee and checked my email at the internet café. Mari, Marissa and Carolyn are up on the lido deck sunning. I am not into the sunning and afraid of being sun burned which I want to avoid. David is trying to find something to do. Most of the ships activities do not start until late afternoon.
I am going to post this blog for now and update it later.
Well, I am back. I went down to the dining hall for supper with Mari, Marissa and Carolyn. David was out running around; he just is not into the sit down dinner with a waiter. At supper, I tried the French Onion soup for the appetizer and pork loin with jerked spices with fresh green beans and fried eggplant. This was very good. Afterwards we decided to go to the evening show. Marissa decided to go up to the lido deck to check out what was happening there. The show consisted with comedian/juggling artist Victor Zuniga and comedian Michael Macy. They were both very funny and included people from the audience.
The ship is supposed to set sail at mid-night tonight but when I just looked out from our balcony, I see they are still working on replacing the prop. Tomorrow's port of call is Castries, St. Lucia. Mari and David are going to do an excursion. The excursion they are doing is Snorkel and Party Cruise. The excursion is two and half-hours. They are taken to an unspoiled coral reef and then afterwards on the way back they dance, party, and drink rum punch. The rest of us will check out the local stores and shops on shore tomorrow.
Post this tonight and off to bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment