Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 4

This morning we arrived in St. Thomas about 7am. I did not get up until 8am. We got up, cleaned up, dressed and headed down to aft portion of the ship on the level three for breakfast. From breakfast we went onto shore near were the boat had docked for a shopping excursion. Marissa and Mari both found some souvenir clothing. We headed back to the ship to drop of their stuff they bought and to get change to get ready to go on the beach excursion. David and I made our way around the ship before heading back to the room to meet up with the rest before going on excursion.

The excursion we did this after was the Megan's Bay Beach Getaway. We headed down to the gangway on deck zero and took a scenic drive to the location in an open-air safari van to Drake's Seat. Drake's Seat is a breathtaking vantage point, which offered a commanding view of Magen's Bay and surrounding islands from which Sir Francis Drake himself once viewed his fleet. There was a tourist trap were Marissa had gotten to hold a goat. I do not think she realized that she needed to tip the man with the goat because he approached me asking for donations to support himself and Modonna, the goat. I gave the person a couple of dollars. We then reloaded onto the taxi to go to the beach.

Magen's Bay beach acclaimed to be one of the ten most beautiful beaches in the world by the National Geographic Society. The beach portion of the excursion would be approximately two hours. As soon as I got off the bus and made my way over to the beach, I located a picnic table under a tree. Mari, Marissa, David and Carolyn got into the water quickly. I snapped a few pictures and shortly got into the water for about 45 minutes. The water was clear and warm. David I spent some time digging up some washed in/buried corral remains. David and I both found nice specimens. We headed back to the taxi and then back to the boat. Went through the security check without any issues and headed back to our cabin about 4:00pm. Mari, Carolyn and I returned to our cabins to get cleaned up.

After we got cleaned up, Mari and I went down to the Promenade Deck (5) to the Coral Sea Café for a drink. The ship would set sail around 5pm so we sat and waited. This location also had a sushi bar so of course we had to wait for the bar to open at 5pm. I am not too fond of sushi. From here, we went to the Lido Deck (9) to watch as the boat left the island and onto our next stop Roseau, Dominica. I got a few pictures of the islands and the birds before heading down to our cabin to get everyone else and then onto supper in the Lower Pacific dining hall in the aft of the ship. No one was in the cabins so we headed on down and found Carolyn, David and Marissa already waiting with an others to be let into the dining hall.

At supper, I talked David into trying some of the different cuisines that would not normally be available to try while on the ship. David was actually surprised at how good the food was. I believe he tried an appetizer of Duck with Madrian orange sauce. Then for his main course, he tried the seafood melody. I tried a spinach and mushroom appetizer and lamb dish for the main course, which I thought, was excellent.

I am going to upload this blog and a few pictures then go enjoy the rest of the evening. So until tomorrow have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment